Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
On October 1, 1993, the diverse 7th Wing was activated at Dyess AFB, integrating the operations of the B-1B Lancer and C-130 Hercules. The wing reorganized on April 1, 1997, as the 7th Bomb Wing and gave operational control of the C-130s to Air Mobility Command. Today, the 7th BW is the Air Force's premier operational B-1B unit.
The 317th Airlift Wing activated on July 6, 2017, and was formerly a group based at Dyess. The 317th AW comes under the operational control of 18th Air Force and Air Mobility Command, Scott Air Force Base, Ill.
Click here to view information on the 317th Airlift Wing heritage from 1942 - Present.
7th Operations Group
- 7th Operations Support Squadron
- 28th Bomb Squadron
- 9th Bomb Squadron
7th Mission Support Group
- 7th Civil Engineer Squadron
- 7th Contracting Squadron
- 7th Communications Squadron
- 7th Logistics Readiness Squadron
- 7th Security Forces Squadron
- 7th Force Support Squadron
7th Maintenance Group
- 7th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
- 7th Component Maintenance Squadron
- 7th Equipment Maintenance Squadron
- 7th Munitions Squadron
7th Medical Group
- 7th Medical Support Squadron
- 7th Operational Medical Readiness Squadron
- 7th Health Care Operations Squadron
317th Maintenance Group
- 317th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron
- 317th Maintenance Squadron
317th Operations Group
- 317th Operations Support Squadron
- 40th Airlift Squadron
- 39th Airlift Squadron
The mission of the Dyess AFB Honor Guard is to represent Airmen to the American public and the World. Dyess provides military funeral honors and military ceremonies throughout 38 Texas counties and the Dallas/Fort Worth National Cemetery.
For more information about the Dyess AFB Honor Guard or to request the honor guard for a military funeral or ceremony go the Dyess AFB Honor Guard page.