Col Wilburn Brent McLamb is the Commander, 7th Mission Support Group, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas. In his current position, he commands six diverse squadrons responsible for installation civil engineering, security, supply, transportation, fuels, contracting, communications, family support, food, education and recreational services. The 7 MSG provides critical installation support to a community of 14,000 members assigned to the 7th Bomb Wing, 317th Airlift Wing and 16 associate units to ensure deployable warfighting forces in support of global engagement taskings.
Originally from Fayetteville, North Carolina, Colonel McLamb graduated from Duke University in 1997 and received his commission through the Air Force ROTC program. He led and conducted operational survivability tests as a part of the B-2 Test Team prior to becoming a test manager and technical advisor on various electronic warfare and weapons tests. Following his operational test assignments, Colonel McLamb completed a Master of Science degree in operations research at the Air Force Institute of Technology and served on the Air Staff in the Directorate of Force Management Policy as Chief, Officer Analysis Team. Colonel McLamb attended the College of Naval Command and Staff at the Naval War College and the Joint and Combined Warfighting School at the Joint Forces Staff College prior to his assignment to United States Strategic Command as Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch and Special Assistant to the Commander, Commander’s Action Group. Subsequently, Colonel McLamb commanded the 2d Manpower Requirements Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia, attended the Eisenhower School, Washington, D.C, and served as Chief, Strategy Development Branch, under the Joint Staff at the Pentagon. Prior to assuming his current position, the Colonel was Director, Commander’s Action Group, North American Aerospace Defense Command and United States Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
1997 Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, Duke University, Durham, N.C.
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Master of Business Administration, University of West Florida, Pensacola, Fla.
2006 Master of Science, Operations Research, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
2009 Master of Arts, National Security and Strategic Studies, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
2009 Joint and Combined Warfighting School JPME-II, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2015 Master of Arts, National Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
1. July 1997 - July 2000, B-2 test analyst, 72nd Test and Evaluation Squadron, Whiteman Air Force Base, Mo.
2. July 2000 - August 2004, test manager, followed by Deputy Technical Advisor, Detachment 2, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.
3. August 2004 - March 2006, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
4. March 2006 - July 2008, personnel policy analyst, followed by Chief, Officer Analysis Team, Directorate of Force Management Policy, Deputy Chief of Staff, Manpower and Personnel (A1), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. July 2008 - June 2009, student, College of Naval Command and Staff, Naval War College, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
6. June 2009 - Mar 2010, Chief Scientist, followed by Chief, Strategic Assessments Branch, Assessments Division, Mission Assessment and Analysis Directorate (J9), U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
7. May 2011 - June 2012, Special Assistant to the Commander, Commander’s Action Group, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
8. June 2012 - July 2014, Commander, 2d Manpower Requirements Squadron, Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
9. July 2014 - June 2015, student, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2015 - July 2017, strategic planner, followed by Chief, Strategy Development Branch, Strategy Development Division, Joint Strategic Planning, Strategic Plans and Policy (J5), Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2017 – July 2019, Director, Commander’s Action Group, North American Aerospace Defense Command and United States Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
12. July 2019 – Present, Commander, 7th Mission Support Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 15, 1997
First Lieutenant June 15, 1999
Captain June 15, 2001
Major April 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2011
Colonel March 1, 2018
(Current as of July 2019)