Chief Palmer entered the Air Force on 7 May, 1993. He has garnered and provided sound technical expertise in both maintenance and operations career fields at the Squadron, Group, Center and Headquarters-levels in both Joint and Coalition environments. Chief Palmer has also served in a variety of progressively responsible positions managing Air Force-level assignments for five operations career fields, as well as in the functional arena for Theater Command and Control while assigned to the Pacific area of operations. Over the course of 25 years, Chief Palmer has garnered extensive experience in tactical, operational and strategic-level human resource management, professional development, Command and Control, theater-level programing and requisitions management planning in Air Force, Joint and Multi-National environments.
1993 Apprentice Munitions Systems Specialist Course, Lowry AFB, Colo.
1996 Munitions Inspector Course, Osan AB, R.o.K.
1998 Airmen Leadership School, Royal Air Force Feltwell, U.K.
2000 Air Force Combat Ammunition Planning and Production Course, Beale AFB, Calif. 2001 Aerospace Control and Warning Systems Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss. 2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Course, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, by correspondence
2007 Associates Degree - Munitions Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter, Ala. 2007 Associates Degree - Space Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter, Ala.
2007 Multi-TDL Advanced Joint Interoperability Course, Fort McPherson, Ga. 2007 Link-16 Planner Course, Fort McPherson, Ga.
2008 USAF First Sergeant Academy Additional Duty Symposium, Maxwell AFB, Ala. 2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course, Fort McNair, Wash. DC, by correspondence 2010 Ballistic Missile Defense Systems Staff Officer Course, Camp Smith, Hawaii
2014 Bachelor of Science - Aeronautical Science, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona, Fla.
2016 Fundamental Systems Acquisition Management Course, Fort Belvoir, Va., by correspondence 2016 Air Force Forces Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2016 Contingency Wartime Planning Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 FAA Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis Course, Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, Okla. 2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II Course, Fort McNair, Wash. DC, by correspondence 2017 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint-Base Andrews, Md.
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. May 1993 - June 1993, Student, Basic Military Training School, 331TRS, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. June 1993 - August 1993, Student, Munitions Productions Specialist Crs, 34000TTG, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. September 1993 - June 1995, Conventional Maintenance CrewMember, 416MS, Griffiss AFB, N.Y.
4. June 1995 - June 1996, Combat Munitions Team Crew Member, 5MXS, Minot AFB,N.D.
5. July 1996 - July 1997, Conventional Maintenance CrewMember, 51MXS, Osan Air Base, R.o.K.
6. July 1997 - July 2000, Munitions Aircrew Training Representative, 48MXS, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, U.K.
7. July 2000 - June 2001, Equipment Maintenance Crew Chief, 27MXS, Cannon AFB,N.M.
8. June 2001 - August 2001, Student, Aerospace Command & Control Specialist Crs, 81TG, Keesler AFB, Miss.
9. September 2001 - June 2004, NCOIC, Test & Integration Branch, WPC, Einsiedlerhof Air Station, Germany
10. June 2004 - April, 2008, NCOIC, Operations Training & Alpha Flights, 729ACS, Hill AFB, Utah (September 2005 - January 2006 &May 2007 - September 2007, Air Surveillance Technician, 727 EACS, Balad AB, Iraq)
11. May 2008 - May 2009, NCOIC, Reports Cell/First Sergeant, CC-Air (NATO), Izmir,Turkey
12. June 2009 - June 2012: Superintendent, Combat Operations Division, 613AOC, Hickam AFB, Hawaii (May 2010 - October 2010, Senior Offensive Duty Officer Technician, Al Udied AB,Qatar)
13. July 2012 - May 2015: Functional Manager, Command Post, TACP, C2BMO, & Space Operations Assignments, AFPC, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
14. May 2015 - June 2017: Theater Air Control SystemsManager & 1C5/1C6 MAJCOM Functional Manager, HQ PACAF, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
15. June 2017 – August 2018: Superintendent, 51 Operations Group, Osan AB, R.o.K.
16. September 2017 – Present: Command Chief Master Sergeant, 317 AW, Dyess AFB, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal Meritorious Service Medal with three devices
Air Force Commendation Medal with three devices Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with four devices Air Force Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
1995 SrA Below-the-Zone, Minot Air Force Base, N.D.
1998 48 Wing Leo Marquez Award Winner, Royal Air Force Lakenheath, U.K. 2006 NCOA John L. Levitow Honor Graduate, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2007 729 Air Control Squadron Team of the Year, Hill AFB, Utah 2007 388 Operations Group Team of the Year, Hill AFB, Utah
2007 729 Air Control Squadron Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year, Hill AFB, Utah 2007 388 Operations Group Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year, Hill AFB, Utah
2010 HAF Command & Control Battle Management Operator of the Year (SNCO), Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant - Feb 01, 2015 (Current as of September 2018)