Colonel Brandon D. Parker is the commander of the 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas. As commander, he is responsible for the health and welfare of more than 12,000 active duty members, civilian employees and family members. In addition, he provides combat-ready B-1 aircraft, crews and associated combat support for global engagement taskings.
Colonel Parker grew up in St. Louis, Missouri and Ogden, Utah, and is a 1996 graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. Prior to commanding the 7th Bomb Wing he served as the vice commander of the 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. He also commanded the 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. His staff assignments included duty as an executive officer to the Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force (CSAF) and as a joint planning officer at Headquarters, U.S. Strategic Command, Plans and Policy Directorate, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. Colonel Parker deployed in support of various contingencies including Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. He is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Weapons School, the School of Advanced Air & Space Studies (SAASS), Air Command and Staff College (ACSC), and he served as a National Defense Fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. Colonel Parker is a command pilot with more than 2,700 hours in bomber aircraft and over 380 combat hours.
1996 Bachelors Degree of Science, Psychology, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
2003 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer’s School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev., and Barksdale AFB, La.
2007 Master of Aeronautical Science Degree, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona, Fla.
2008 Master of Military Art and Science, ACSC, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Master of Airpower Art and Science, SAASS, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Joint Forces Staff College, JPME II, Norfolk, Va.
2012 Air War College (by correspondence), Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Senior Developmental Education, Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass.
1. January 1997 – February 1998, student, undergraduate pilot training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. March 1998 – September 1998, student, B-52 initial qualification training, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. October 1998 – July 2004, standardization/evaluation pilot, short range flight scheduler, weapons and tactics instructor pilot, and standardization/evaluation flight commander, 23rd Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
4. August 2004 – July 2006, FTU weapons officer, flight commander, 11th Bomb Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
5. August 2006 – July 2007, assistant director of operations, 2nd Operations Support Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
6. August 2007 – June 2008, student, ACSC, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
7. July 2008 – May 2009, student, SAASS, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2009 – April 2011, joint plans officer/strategist, HQ USSTRATCOM/J5, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. May 2011 – July 2012, assistant executive officer to the CSAF, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
10. August 2012 – June 2014, Commander, 23d Bomb Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
11. July 2014 – June 2015, Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge Mass.
12. July 2015 – July 2017, Vice Commander, 2nd Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
13. August 2017 – Present, Commander, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
Rating: Command Pilot Flight Hours: 2,973
Aircraft Flown: B-1B, B-52H, T-37B, T-38A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 1996
First Lieutenant May 1998
Captain May 2000
Major May 2006
Lieutenant Colonel December 2010
Colonel July 2015
(Current as of August 2017)