Military Pay

Pay Inquiries
The base finance office answers specific pay inquiries. For questions about military pay or travel pay, call 696-4193. For civilian pay issues, call 696-4834. Call the Air Force Aid Society when in a financial emergency, requiring a loan. The AFAS is located in the Airman & Family Readiness Center. Call 696-5999. Another source for financial assistance is the chapel-sponsored Dyess Community Fund. Call the chapel or your squadron commander for details.

Travel Pay
Check with your local financial services office as soon as possible, and have the staff brief you before making plans or beginning travel. Members should file a DD Form 1351-2 Travel Voucher, within five days of arrival at a duty station. One day of travel time is allowed for each 350 miles traveled by privately-owned vehicle. Per diem is paid for members and their families for each travel day. When traveling by mixed modes of transportation (combination of air, bus privately-owned vehicle or train), call customer service at 696-4193 to determine travel time authorized and estimated per diem. Use of the government travel card is authorized during permanent-change-of-station and do-it-yourself moves. Be sure all GTC charges are government travel related (i.e., gas, lodging, meals). Remember to save your receipts for food, hotels and moving expenses and keep track of your mileage. If your expenses exceed your reimbursements, you can get a tax break at income tax time, whether or not you itemize. Check with the nearest Internal Revenue Service office or with your squadron income tax representative for details.

Military Pay
Customer service counter hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointment hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1-3:30 p.m. Have a copy of your leave and earnings statement available. Private financial matters cannot be discussed over the phone; call 696-4193 or e-mail Call the DFAS/MilPay information line at (800) 755-7413.