|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT ALVIN FLORES|
Chief Master Sgt. Alvin Flores is the 7th Maintenance Group Superintendent, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas. He is the principal advisor to the maintenance group commander on all issues relating to aircraft maintenance and concerns affecting the overall morale and welfare of the group's 1,800 assigned personnel. He is the liaison between group staff and squadron superintendents overseeing production efforts supporting 36 B-1 and 33 C-130 aircraft valued at over $12 billion.
Chief Flores is from Lakeview, Texas, and graduated from Lakeview High School in May 1983. He entered the Air Force in February 1985. Throughout his career he has worked in various positions in aircraft maintenance to include crew chief, quality assurance, section chief, aircraft lead prod-super and squadron superintendent. His assignments include bases in Nevada, Florida, Korea, Arizona and Idaho. He has participated in numerous combat campaigns to include Operations, Just Cause, Noble Eagle, Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
1990 NCO Leadership School, Nellis AFB, N.M.
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kirkland AFB, N.M.
2001 Associates degree, aircraft maintenance technology, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Gunther Annex. Ala.
2008 Chiefs' Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunther Annex, Ala.
1. February 1985 - April 1985, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 1985 - May 1985, student, Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Training, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. May 1985 - June 1988, T37B crew chief, 64th Training Wing, Reese AFB, Texas
4. June 1988 - May 1991, F117 crew chief, 4450th Tactical Fighter Wing, Tonopah Test Range, Nev.
5. June 1991 - August 1993, F16 crew chief, 46th Test Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. August 1993 - August 1994, F16 crew chief, 35th FS, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
7. August 1994 - December 1996, flight line expeditor, 63rd Fighter Squadron, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. December 1996 - February 1999, quality assurance inspector, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. February 1999 - December 2000, aircraft Section Chief, 61st Fighter Squadron, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
10. December 2000 - December 2001, aircraft section chief, 36th Fighter Squadron, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
11. January 2001 - November 2004, production superintendent, 389th Fighter Squadron, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
12. November 2004 - August 2005, lead production superintendent, 389th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB Idaho
13. August 2005 - July 2006, NCO in-charge, 389th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 366th Maintenance Group, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
14. July 2006 - March 2007, 366th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron maintenance superintendent, 366th Maintenance Group, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
15. March 2007 - June 2008, quality assurance superintendent, 366th Maintenance Group, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
16. July 2008 - June 2010, 7th Aircraft Maintenance Unit superintendent, 7th Maintenance Group, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
17. July 2010 - March 2012, 7th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron superintendent, 7th Maintenance, 7th Bomb Wing, Dyess AFB, Texas
18. April 2012 - present, Superintendent, 7th Maintenance Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze stars
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
1991 37th Tactical Fighter Wing Crew Chief of the Year
2004 366th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Lew Allen Trophy winner
2005 366th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Senior NCO of the Year
2006 366th Fighter Wing Lance P. Sijan winner
2007 366th Maintenance Group Senior NCO of the Year
2008 366th Maintenance Group Maintenance Professional of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 2008
(Current as of August 2012)